Sunday, January 17, 2010

Garden Hose

Hello. It feels really good to be done with finals, and its pretty nuts that second semester is just couple days away. This weekend's been by far the best weekend yet of this 2010 year. Anyway, my family hosted a barbeque this weekend, so we had to do a lot of housecleaning and tidying up the house for the guests. I had to help take out our 8 foot christmas tree, which meant that I did a lot of work, and then we cut it up. I then had to clean these plastic chairs that we have in our backyard since they were all pretty disgusting. I used the closest hose only to find out that it had no nozzle on it, so it was just water flowing out of a small hole. The pressure at which the water was coming out of the hose was really small, so it was no use using this to clean the chairs. However, this reminded me of the formula force times surface area (initial) equal force times surface area (final). If I put my finger to block some of the hole, the water flows out with more pressure, since area and pressure are inversely related. All right, hope everyone's having a good weekend.

1 comment: