Sunday, April 25, 2010

Snoop Dog, Baby

Snoop Dog, Baby. It's a good song by Reel Big Fish. Crazy game last night. Umlauft is so beast. It felt like everything came on one day. There was kokua festival, the UH game, my brother's birthday, and our vball game against punahou. I really don't know what I'm gonna write about, but hopefully i'll find something by the end of this blog. I'm listening to some pepper right now. I wish I couldve gone to their concert on friday at UH when they played with tribal seeds. I'ts a nice day today. nice and sunny. Maybe I'll go play some tennis with my brother. Oh, I can't wait till summer. That reminds me. I get to fly to new york to see my sister's graduation. There, I got something to talk about. The physics of airplanes. The reason it is able to fly and get off the ground is because of a concept called lift. Due to the Coanda effect, which is the tendency of a fluid to stick to a surface that it is flowing over, the air follows the surface of the wing of the plane as it bends downwards, which causes a lower pressure zone above the wing. To bend the air downward, the wing has to exert a force on the air. This is Newton's first law. And because of Newton's third law, this causes an equal opposite reaction and thus, the air exerts an upward force on the wing. This causes lift. The more the wing is tilted, the more lift results.



No comments:

Post a Comment