Sunday, November 22, 2009

Torque!

I couldn't think of anything to write about this time, but then as I took a popsicle out of the fridge, I remembered that I haven't written about torque yet. I gotta admit it was pretty hard to take balance the popsicle on my finger while i took a picture, but anyway, for me to balance the popsicle, the torque on the left side of my finger had to equal the torque on the right side of my finger. Thus, the popsicle would have a net torque of zero. Then, for an object to reach equilibrium, the net force in the y direction must also be 0. Uhh other than that, I don't really have much to say about torque. I was just watching the replay of the UH football game though, which we won 17-10 in overtime. The quarterback throwing the ball reminded me of projectile motion and all those equations, like V=Vot+1/2at^2. I hope i got that one right. Anyway, can't wait till Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment