Saturday, February 20, 2010

Circuits in da house

Out of the past 17 hours, I was sleeping for 13 hours. Speaking of sleeping, I just woke up from a three hour nap and I know that I'm going to forget to do a blog so I figured that I'll do one now. I don't really know what to write about, but we just did some electricity circuit stuff, so I wanted to talk about the circuits around my house. When I flick a switch, it closes the circuit and allows current, which is the flow of charge, through the wires to turn the light on. Almost every light in my house is in a parallel circuit, so that it is unaffected by other switches. Therefore, when I turn one light off, the rest of the lights still remain on. Likewise, I can turn on one light at a time. I found a meter outside my house that measures the amount of electricity that we use and I found that it was measured in kilowatt-hours, just like what we said in class. Also, I noticed that our christmas lights are all in parallel because although a couple are broken, the rest of the lights still work since each bulb is on a different path. Alright writing this blog made me kinda tired. I think I might go take another nap before dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment