Saturday, December 12, 2009

This cool thing at a bubble drink store


So yesterday I went to ala moana to eat dinner with my family at Go Ma Tei, this ramen place that has good char siu tan tan ramen. Before we went to dinner, we went to go walk around and get some bubble drinks. While I was waiting for my honeydew bubble drink, I saw this cool see-saw propped on a stand with Santa on one side and a reindeer on the other side, and the first thing that came to my mind was torque! I know we did torque a while ago, but I had to write about this cool seesaw. Well, according to this particular seesaw, the reindeer is heavier because they are both sitting an equal distance from the fulcrum of the seesaw. Since torque is equal to distance from the fulcrum times force and the reindeer is exerting more counterclockwise torque, it has a larger mass and thus a greater weight. Physics is everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment