Sunday, September 20, 2009

initial thoughts


Physics so far this year has been fun and interesting. I really enjoy the class, but it has been really challenging for me, and is by far the hardest science class that I've taken at 'Iolani. Physics class is also completely different from any of the other science classes in that most of the learning is done on your own. It took me a while to get used to this style of learning as opposed to chemistry and biology, where lectures were the core to learning about topics. In physics, the learning comes through figuring out the homework problems as well as the important labs that we have every week. The homework problems, especially the last few, have always proved to be very difficult, and sometimes I find myself going in circles and then my head starts to hurt. This is when I take a break for some ice cream or something. Anyway, I find that the labs are also very challenging and at times, frustrating, but are usually pretty enjoyable. I feel fortunate to have smart friends who can help me understand the concepts I have difficulty with. Most of all, I'm really worried about quizzes and tests because my scores have not been too great even though I've been putting forth my best effort and studying a lot. Even though I know that the course will only get harder, I am hoping that I can get used to the faster pace and understand concepts better since I dropped APUSH. I think it will be a cool year

No comments:

Post a Comment